Friday, 23 September 2016

18 POEMS FOR ANGELA



ABOUT ANGELA:    |Cc: Liza Macalandag 

Angelah Polot, born and raised in the city of Tagbilaran, is the daughter of Mr. Ricardo & Elsa Polot and the youngest sister of Irene, Dalareich, Renel and Jessa. She is a public alumna throughout her elementary and high school years. She is a graduate of  Booy Elementary School and a proud alumna of Dr. Cecilio Putong National High School (DCPNHS) under the Special Program in the Arts, Creative Writing Class. She was the Editor-in-Chief of The Boholenian, the Official School Publication of DCPNHS.  She says she's not a good speaker but she's passionate about expressing her thoughts and putting them into words. Since she was little, she used to write and send letters to her sisters whenever she felt angry or whenever there's a special occasion to celebrate in the family. Since then, she's been joining press conferences and writing competitions in schools or online.  She is currently exploring Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology at the Holy Name University.  

She's been writing online at littlegelahgirl.blogspot.com since 2012 and is an active member of the Bohol Bloggers Collective. She is also a contributor to Bohol Chronicle's LifestyleBohol.

18 poems and verses were made and read for the debutante, yours truly, as she celebrated her 18th year, on September 23 of this year. 

1st Poetry Reader in her "Balak" composition


The 2nd Poetry Reader is  my soul sister, Marrian in her heartfelt composition. 




The 3rd Poetry Reader is Jay Niel Racho, one of my creative writing colleagues.
He read Langston Hughes' As I Grew Older



The 4th reader is Lyn Toledo in her composition, Wanderlust. She is also one of my former writing colleagues and a very good friend and ate.

With his composition is Jefferson, still one of my creative writing colleagues.




Here is Rio Mae Geronimo, a supportive friend, my fellow MedTech venturers and passion-buddy in her witty and heartfelt Balak. 
Another reader is one of my current classmates in the Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology, Angelica Monique Sumangil. She read one of (my) favorite collections from Blue Mountain Arts.















In the photo is Mr. Jeffrey Tungol, in his spoken poetry for the debutant.


Such lovely creation from Dion Pizzuto was also recited by one of my blogger friends, Zion Campo.

With me, is fellow blogger, Dandreb James Arro of Deejaywrites.com in a Margarita Mangubat's, Higala,


Ate Ella of Estrella's Bakery
The cutest of my poetry readers, our dearest Babam!

Kate Louise Brown's childhood favorite was also read that night by our cutest, Athalia Jezka Karielle Babam. 

Ate Vida Tirol de Juan, she's the reason why I started my early contribution in a local newspaper. 
My soul mom, my 18th poetry reader, Sonieta Labasan of LifestyBohol - Bohol Chronicle in Maya Angelou's "Phenomal Woman"



The coolest of my ate/s, Miss Liza Macalandag. She read Pamela Redmond Satran's "Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know".







Ate Nizah of Fred's Book Cafe

Photos by : Thumbmark Photography